The general AR5 timetable
Completion dates (source: Renate Christ, Nov 2009, pdf):
CMIP5 and WG1 milestones and schedule
Sources of timeline information: the IPCC WG1 website, with additional information obtained through personal communications with Thomas Stocker (WG1 Co-Chair) and Jerry Meehl (WGCM Co-Chair):
• Preliminary set of CMIP5 experiments discussed (WGCM meeting).
• Community-wide consensus reached on the complete, prioritized list of CMIP5 experiments.
• List of requested model output developed.
• September: WGCM endorses final set of CMIP5 experiments
• Modeling groups begin production runs and produce CMIP5 output.
• May: ESG software, which will serve model output, is released.
• November 8-11: First Lead Authors Meeting (LA1), Kunming, China
- preprints, papers submitted, accepted, in press, and published are all eligible for consideration
• February: First model output expected to be available for analysis.
• July 18-22: Second Lead Authors Meeting (LA2)
• October 24-28: WCRP Open Science Conference will include a CMIP5 session (Denver, Colorado)
• December 16 – February 10, 2012: Expert Review of the First Order Draft (FOD)
• Early in year: CMIP5 Workshop
• April 16-20, 2012: Third Lead Authors Meeting (LA3)
• July 31, 2012: By this date papers must be submitted for publication to be eligible for assessment by WG1.
• October 5 – November 30: Expert and Government Review of the Second Order Draft (SOD)
• January 14-19: Fourth Lead Authors Meeting (LA4)
• March 15: By this date papers cited by WG1 must be published or accepted (with proof, for example, by a letter of confirmation from the editor)
• June 7 – August 2: Final Government Distribution of the WGI AR5 Summary for Policymakers (SPM)
• September 13-14: Preparatory Meeting of WGI AR5 SPM/TS Writing Team and Convening Lead Authors
• September 16-19: WGI AR5 SPM Approval Plenary
Cut-Off dates for literarure to be considered for AR5
For most recent table see http://www.ipcc.ch/pdf/ar5/ar5-cut-off-dates.pdf
Future timeline information can be found on IPCC WG1 website.